Goals for what remains of this week:
1. No more beer-induced freakouts.
2. No more nightmares. Last night Euripides was out for my demise. I don’t even know who Euripides is!
3. Relatedly, better sleep. No more waking up at 2 a.m. to ponder the meaning of life amid the ominous shadows cast by my blinking red cell phone charger.
4. Water flowers outside office windows. They are 98 percent dead.
5. Do the DISHES!
6. Redeem myself, in my own eyes at least.
7. Update iPod.
8. Find a cheap 25-80 lens.
9. Write 14 stories by Friday.
10. Finalize Labor Day party plans! Can’t wait, everyone!
11. Make a Mexican taco feast with slow-cooked chicken and black beans and queso de cabra! Que loco! You’re invited!